The Mission of The Alliance is to support winter sports activities for youth in Summit and Wasatch counties, promoting good sportsmanship and healthy lifestyles through participation, education and competition.
The Alliance supports its mission by:
- Encouraging youth to grow in their sport, learn how to win, how to lose and, how to attain their goals;
- Promoting high academic and citizenship standards;
- Fostering good sportsmanship, confidence, and self esteem;
- Providing economic resources to support organizations dedicated to delivering positive athletic and coaching experiences;
- Reaching out to all youth, introducing winter sports in community and school environments;
- Providing resources and guidance for existing non-profit programs;
- Encouraging the development of new sport programs when a community void is identified;
- Demonstrating the lifelong benefits of fitness and healthy lifestyles to all participants.